Friday, October 27, 2006

Had a little trouble

Once again, I find myself posting after a long layoff. This time, though, I had a little trouble with eblogger. I had a brief post about Man of the Year (the new movie with Robin Williams) and politically-themed movies in election years ready to go, but it wouldn't post when I tried over a couple days. Then I went to Jacksonville followed by my parents being in town for more than a week and I didn't look at blogs - mine or anyone else's - that whole time. Anyway, here's some of what happened.

While in Jacksonville, I was ordained. My thanks to Fort Caroline Christian Church and the leaders there for their confidence, blessing and prayers. My thanks to God for impressing upon me the proper respect for, understanding and responsibility that comes with being ordained.

That same weekend was my alumni weekend for the Jacksonville University baseball team. I had a great time! Got to go golfing with 3 of my former teammates on Friday. Didn't shoot all that well because I couldn't sniff the flag with my irons all day, but still had a good time. One of my friends (Scott Biernacki) that I golfed with almost got in a fight on the first hole because he bombed his drive about 290 yards left of the fairway and allegedly hit the vehicle of a homeowner who lived along the first hole. The guy wouldn't let anyone look at the car to see if there was even any damage. There were some great quotes in that 15-minute fiasco. One of the best was after Scott said he was leaving and the guy said "What about the damage to my car?", Scott yelled "What about the damage to my Titleist?". Another classic was from the guy's wife who came outside and in all seriousness looked at Scott and said, "Why don't you just hit it in the fairway?!"

Playing in the alumni baseball game was great! I went 0-2 with a walk, but was robbed of a hit because of diving stop by the 3rd baseman. One inning, my friend Josh and I threw out runners at the plate from the outfield on back-to-back plays. I have to admit, jogging in from the outfield after that made me wish I could do it all again.

The time with my parents was fun. Once again we played a lot of games together. Even played Clue for the first time in ages. We also introduced them to Snapper's Sea Grill (see previous post on this amazing restaurant here) and went to the beach on the Friday they were here. The weather couldn't have been better!

My lovely wife turned 27 on October 20th. Happy Birthday, again, Taryn! I could never explain how good she is to me and for me.

And finally, my meaningless fantasy football update. I'm 7-0 and 4-3 (thank you LaDainian Tomlinson) in the two leagues I care about and 2-5 in another league. Yes, that's how it works. You say you only care about the leagues you're doing well in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i could say that i had another fantasy team! my team is beyond horrible. Why did i pick shaun alexander??? WHY??? Oh, and why did i pick everyone else that I picked who is horrible. I learned a very important lesson this year. Running backs are much more important than wide receivers. Oh yeah, and make sure you have a depth chart in front of you while drafting. dang.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah, I was serious! First time ever! Congrats on the ordination! That's fantastic. Thank you again for coming on Monday night.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home