Monday, October 30, 2006

I just need to rant

I know I'm a little late chiming in on this, but Kenny Rogers with pine tar on his hand wasn't exactly a major surprise. He got caught cheating red-handed on national television during a World Series, which is the only reason why this was such a big deal. Pitchers have been doing things like this for years. The only thing shocking about it was what a terrible job of hiding it he did.

I can't wait for the elections to be over with. The commercials are driving me comepletely insane! Are there actually people out there who get persuaded by these things??

Speaking of commercials, I now curse the day that ESPN got Monday Night Football. I'm fine with the guys in the booth and the telecasts, but I'm completely sick and tired of the commercials they have for EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK telling me how many more days until the game.

Speaking of commercials 'part two', can anyone give me a good reason why NFL games go to commercial break after a score, come back for the kickoff and then go straight back into a commercial break?? I hate the influence of money in sports.

They're building a new housing development across from a large mega-church that just moved into a multi-million dollar facility here in Tampa. I called the phone number for info on the homes and found out that the starting price for a home there is $850,000. Guess you have to make sure you keep your target market close to home. I hate the influence of money in the church.

Florida State's coaching staff is being passed by their peers and the game itself. I've never seen a bigger waste of talent in college football.

There, I feel better now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Here's a hearty "Amen" to all five of those points

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home